I love DIY projects that are inexpensive and easy to make, but don’t LOOK like a DIY. Craft projects are not always fun- they can be frustrating. Sometimes I start making something, but it ends up being more complicated and time consuming than I thought. Sometimes the project doesn’t end up looking anything like I wanted it too. Sometimes I spend money and time to make something that I just throw away. Sometimes all of the above happen! Luckily, there are times when I can make something quick and easily with items I already have AND it looks high quality. These are the projects I like to share! So have fun and start making this easy DIY Leather Color-block Bracelet. (These would make amazing gifts too!!).
What you will need:
- 9 to 11″ of 1/8″ Wide Leather Lace (use the leftover leather from the DIY Prize Wheel)
- 6mm Rosegold Jump Rings x 5
- Lobster Clasp x 1
- Nail Polish (in colors of your choice)
- Masking Tape
- Needle Nose Pliers
How to make a Leather Color Block Bracelet:
- Wrap the leather lace around your wrist. Mark the leather 1″ beyond the length of your wrist and cut. (*see below)
- Slide one jump ring over one end of the leather.
- Fold this end of the leather over 1/2″ and slide 2 jump rings over the folded end. (*see below)
- Take of the jump rings that are on the folded part of the leather and open it up- with the pliers and your finger pull one end up while holding the other end in place. (*see below).
- Squeeze the jump ring down with the pliers from top to bottom and then from side to side until it is tightly clamped on the leather fold. (*see below)
- Repeat with the second jump ring. (*see below)
- Now you are ready to do the other end of the leather bracelet.
- This time place the Lobster Clasp on one end. If your Lobster Clasp does not already have a jump ring you will need to add one. (*see below)
- Fold 1/2″ leather over the Lobster Clasp jump ring.
- Slide two jump rings over the folded leather and clamp in the same way you did the other side. (*see below).
- Try your Bracelet on and make sure you like the length. If you need to make it slightly longer, you can add an extra jump ring to the end. If it is too loose, loosen up the jump rings on one end and pull the leather lace fold down further then reclamp.
- Now you are ready to paint your bracelet.
- Grab some nail polish in the colors of your choice. I picked two colors for each bracelet and even added glitter nail polish to one. Have fun and get as creative as you want!
- Tape the bracelet down. ( I taped it on to waxed paper too protect my table top)
- Find the middle of the bracelet than add tape about 1 inch from either side of the middle. (*see below)
- Add a small rectangle of tape somewhere in between there. (*see below)
- Paint in light coats and let dry completely before reapplying. You will need to do several coats.
- Once final coat is dry, remove the tape and paint the unpainted leather areas that were covered with tape with another color of nail polish.
- You are done! Make as many bracelets as you want. They look great worn together.